Full CV (Last updated in Apr 2018) [PDF
University of Guelph - September 2013 – May 2015
Masters of Science in Engineering
- Research: Deep Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Statistical Machine Learning
- Under the advisory of Dr. Graham W. Taylor
University of Toronto - September 2008 – May 2012
Graduated with Distinction, Honors BSc
- Specialist: Computer Science Artificial Intelligence
- 3rd & 4th year GPA: 3.8
Coinscious - Jan 2018 – Present
Co-Founder & Chief Technology Officer
- Leading both corporate and technology development.
- Provided operational planning, legal, and administrative support. Put together the advisory board teams.
- Developed all the data analysis, technical analysis, and machine learning solutions for crypto market.
AIFounded - June 2016 – Present
Founder & Chief Executive Officer
- Connecting artificial intelligence and business, creating industry leading AI powered by a search engine.
Licensing search engine to AI industry — providing commercial search engine API allowing users to customize AI agents that retrieve information. Top machine learning labs have conducted research and published papers using AIFounded search engine — with academic research successfully transferred over to development.
- Top machine learning lab partnerships include: New York University, University of Montreal (MILA), and York University.
- Participating in M&A process and leading due diligence efforts for clients.
- Major AI clients include: Chatter Research and Incmind Inc.
Janelia Research Campus, Branson Lab - March 2016 – Present
- Researcher under the advisory of Dr. Kristin Branson — a world-renowned expert in computational biology, focused on the application of machine vision and learning to the problems of automatic animal tracking, supervised behavior detection, and unsupervised behavior mining.
- Neuroscience Research: collaborating on animal social behaviors and their neural activities with top neuroscientists in the world.
- Machine Rearning Research: Interactive & Active Metric Learning, Stochastic Optimization Methods
University of Montreal, MILA machine learning institute - April 2015 – March 2016
- Under the advisory of Dr. Roland Memisevic
- Primary research: deep generative models — including auto-encoders, variational auto-encoders, and GANs
University of Guelph, School of Engineering - Sept. 2012 – June 2015
- Worked with Dr. Graham Taylor on the Hyperspectral image classification via semi-supervised learning
- Primary research: dynamic system based deep learning algorithms, such as theoretical results on gated auto-encoder under the gradient field, and persistent minimum probability learning for Restricted Boltzmann Machines.
- Secondary research: distance metric learning that optimizes the soft form of Naïve Bayes Nearest Neighbor selection.
- Application project: semi-supervised neural network on hyper-spectral image.
Sightline Innovation Inc. - Nov. 2012 – Aug. 2013
Research and Development Specialist
- Designed and implemented the backend component of VtiS System
- Job match scoring sytem using Hadoop
University of Toronto, Dept. of Computer Science - Sept. 2012 – Nov. 2012
- Researched on computational and constructional approaches to the semi-productivity of light verb construction (LVC) formation
- Representing meaningful representation of multi-words expression in feature vectors
- Using various machin elearning methods to experimento nclassifying LVCs and examine which
features play an essential role on defining LVC
Air Canada Business Intelligence - May 2009 – Sept. 2009
Data Analyst (Intern)
- Designed and built automated reports for the Airports Branches
- Utilized Business Intelligence tools, such as Microsoft Reporting Services(SSRS),OLAP
cube(SSAS), and ETL (SSIS) using SQL server database, to perform data mining and to recognize trends
- Solved various T-SQL and oracle based process
- Data extraction for complex XML structures
Neural Computation, TNNLS 2018
NECO 2017, TNNLS 2017
NIPS 2016, GRSL 2016
- Python, MATLAB, C++, Java, Bash, C, HTML, CSS, SQL, Prolog, LATEX
- VIM, Eclipse, Xcode, Git, gdb, make, Linux system administration